Plant a Forest – Grow Community on November 2nd!
It’s time to see the forest for more than just the trees! Help us create a healthier, happier, and greener Seattle by coming out to our biggest planting event of the year – Green Seattle Day! On November 2nd we will be planting the city’s future forest at 17 neighborhood parks. From creating wildlife habitat, to combating climate change, and providing a place for residents to recreate: having a hand in Green Seattle Day is one of the best ways to give back to your neighbors, parks, and your local forest.
All community members are welcome, and no experience is necessary! The event is family friendly and open to all ages. Hundreds of volunteers will plant native trees, shrubs, and groundcovers that will become the future forest of Seattle. We will provide all of the necessary tools and training for the day, along with light refreshments!
We hope that you will lend a hand in the neighborhoods you live in, and volunteer at the park closest to you. Pick from the park list below and please sign up in advance using the event links provided. These events do fill up fast, so make sure to save your spot today!
Green Seattle Day locations throughout the City
- Discovery Park with Mountains to Sound Greenway – EVENT FULL
- Interlaken Park with Forterra – EVENT FULL
- Burke Gilman Trail – EVENT FULL
- Beaver Pond Natural Area – EVENT FULL
- Magnuson Park with EarthCorps – EVENT FULL
- Northacres Park – EVENT FULL
- Woodland Park – EVENT FULL
- Cheasty Greenspace – RSVP HERE
- East Duwamish Greenspace – RSVP HERE
- Genesee Park with EarthCorps – EVENT FULL
- Lewis Park – EVENT FULL
- Maple Wood Playfield with SCA – RSVP HERE
- Rainier Beach Urban Farm and Wetland with Tilth Alliance – RSVP HERE
- Seward Park with Seward Park Audubon – EVENT FULL
Supporting Green Seattle Day with a financial donation or an in-kind gift makes this event possible and is a great chance to showcase your business’s commitment to a green, healthy Seattle. Interested in becoming an official Green Seattle Day sponsor? Then make sure to click here for more information, or feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org / 206-905-6924.